As part of our final consultation on Coleford’s Neighbourhood Plan, we’re hosting several events open to everyone. They’re the perfect opportunity to look at the Plan and ask the Steering Group questions over a cup of tea and some cake. No need to book on any of these events except if you want to do the walk on the 16th May – just turn up. Event Times
- Wednesday 10th May, 4.00 pm till 6.00 pm and then 6.00 pm until 8.00 pm, Coleford Town Council offices. Two information sessions about the Plan, both with a chance to ask questions and learn more.
- Tuesday 16th May, 3pm, The Main Place. As part of Coleford Area Walking Festival, come and join in a walk round the town centre, learning about the past elements, the present situation, and what is seen in the future included in the Neighbourhood Development Plan. Have afternoon tea at the end . Cost for all: £5.
- Saturday 20th May from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm, Coleford Town Council offices. Drop-in display on the Plan, with members of the Steering Group and Town Council on hand to answer your questions.
- Friday 26th May, 10.30 am till 3.30 pm at Café 16. Display of the Plan’s details, and a chance to chat over a cuppa with Steering Group members about the Plan.
- Tuesday 13th June, 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm, and again from 7.00 to 9.00 pm, The Main Place. Q&A session with time to fill in the response form there and then, with the help of some refreshments.
We are very pleased to release event dates for a very important stage in the NDP process. This is the phase where YOU get your hands on the draft policies and tell us whether you think they’re up to scratch. The events are open to Coleford residents and other stakeholders – everyone’s invited, so tell your friends, family and colleagues. So what are you waiting for? Pop these dates in your diary right now, and play your part in Coleford’s future. We can’t do it without you. Monday 31st May 2016 10.00 – 15.00 at Cafe 16, 16 Bank Street, Coleford GL16 6BA Thursday 2nd June 2016 10.00–19.30 Coleford Town Council, No. 2, The Town House, Lords Hill Walk, Coleford GL16 8BD Wednesday 3rd June 2016 10.00–17.00 Coleford Town Council, No. 2, The Town House, Lords Hill Walk, Coleford GL16 8BD Saturday 4th June 2016 09.00–13.00 Coleford Town Council, No. 2, The Town House, Lords Hill Walk, Coleford GL16 8BD
We have just appointed an Administrator to support the plan’s Steering Group in their task of ensuring the town has a bright future that reflects the things most important to residents. The role was awarded to Meg Humphries, who has lived in the Forest for most of her life. Meg says: ‘I am delighted to be working on such an important project that will have a positive impact on a wonderful town. In previous roles, I worked on plans and funding bids for communities in Bristol so it’s nice to bring these skills home to benefit my local area.’ After public consultation and evidence-gathering, we are currently pulling draft policies together and gaining momentum with the plan, which will help shape the town’s development over the coming years. As the NDP goes through its numerous stages of preparation, ongoing public consultation is vital and so you are all invited to contact us to share your views.